|◌ WARNING ◌|
|This article belongs to the monster history category of pages, which detail the creatures of the Monster High franchise and do so in relation to the source context of those creatures. There is a likelihood that this article contains material not suited for young people and in general holds topics that are upsetting.|
If you only wish to read about the basic inspiration choices for the Monster High characters and creatures, go to
Ghosts is the soul or spirit of a deceased person or animal that can appear, in visible form or other manifestation, to the living. Descriptions of the apparition of ghosts vary widely from an invisible presence to translucent or barely visible wispy shapes, to realistic, life-like visions and they are believed to haunt popular locations,objects, or people associated with in their life.
They are spirits derived of the deceased, with translucent bodies and the ability to float and phase through solid objects. A common trait of ghosts in the Monster High universe, is that they wear chains all around them (with some execptions). Ghosts in Monster High seem to be more accurate to their "real-life" depictions, than some of Monster High's take on monsters.
In the Monster High books, ghosts are invisible to both RADs and normies.
Ghosts are shown to be able to reproduce as Sirena Von Boo is half-ghost.
Ghosts celebrate a holiday called "Chainsgiving". They hang decorations on the Chainsgiving tree and have a messy feast.
- Intangibility: Ghosts are intangible and are able to pass through solid objects.
- Flight: Ghosts are able to fly.
- Portal Opening: Some ghosts are able to open portals, or windows, to the Monster and Ghost Worlds allowing them to see what is going on there or go through.
- Immortality: Ghosts like most undeads are immortal.
- Body-Age Imprisonment: Some ghosts are trapped physically looking like the age they died at if they died, and become a ghost.
- Detention Chains: These kinds of chains can keep a ghost trapped in a certain location, they can still float and are still able to phase though things in the building, but they can't phase out of the building, as if an invisible wall were stopping them from leaving. The more chains on them the heavier their body gets barely being able to move around as seen in, "Haunted" when Porter has everyone's detention chains on him.
- Spectra Vondergeist
- Johnny Spirit
- Moanatella Ghostier
- Sirena Von Boo (Hybrid)
- Sirena's father
- Vandala Doubloons
- Porter "Paintergeist" Geiss (Poltergeist)
- Kiyomi Haunterly (Noppera-bō)
- Ari Hauntington
- Dayna Treasura Jones
- Ghosts of Hauntings
- Skyra Bouncegait (Hybrid)
- BOO-Lu Cerone (Phantom)
- Scarah Screams (Banshee)
- Operetta (Phantom)